Monday, April 1, 2013

Up to Speed

Hi everyone!

As promised, I'm going to tell about what I have been doing in the time between May 2012 and now. A lot of things have happened, so I will probably have to split this up in several posts. Well then, let's get started!

As you may remember, I was studying as an exchange student in Kyoto, Japan last year. (See the archive for more details on that) While studying, I used my spare time to look for a job, since I really wanted to live in Japan after graduating. May made way for June, and the weather got hotter every day, and I felt more and more desperate. There had to be a job for me somewhere out there, there simply had to!

I still managed to enjoy my time at the university, learning lots of interesting new things, hanging out with my friends and meeting my girlfriend every now and then. In the beginning of June I went back to Gifu to visit the new students at the summer school, and was overcome by intense nostalgia when I once again set foot in the dormitory where I had spent the best summer of my life two years earlier. It was nice to meet the new Swedish people, and my two friends who were studying at Gifu University at the time.

July came, and the heat became almost unbearable, as did my nerves. Still no job offer in sight, I was ready to give up and go home. And that's when it happened. I got an interview at Softbank, one of the three major cell phone companies in Japan. The following day, they called me and told me I was to start working in September.

For a moment, I was stunned. Just like that, I had a job. Of course, I was ecstatic about the future now, and I graduated from Ritsumeikan University feeling happy and enthusiastic.

Little did I know of the trials that still lay ahead...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, good to see that you're still alive. Though you could have kept updating us while all this stuff was happening though. :P

    ReplyDelete